Extracted Information from:
Other benefits of proanthocyanidins are:
- They help to strengthen the immune system and stimulate the formation of T-cells.
- They can help to prevent coronary heart diseases as they help to strengthen the artery walls, preventing atherosclerosis (hardening of artery walls).
- They have anti-inflammatory properties and can bring relief from pain caused by arthritis.
- They may benefit diabetics since they help to improve blood circulation (also to the capillaries) protecting the eyes from deterioration.
- They can help stabilise blood sugar levels.
The fact that the proanthocyanidin complex is so powerful and versatile does not mean that it is the only supplement you should take. Antioxidant nutrients work together as a team and for adequate protection we need a variety of vitamins and minerals in our diet to keep us healthy.
Studies suggest that grape seed extract may help:
- Strengthen bones and improve bone formation
- Support oral health by protecting teeth against decay and remineralizing cavities
- Normalize blood pressure by dilating blood vessels and guarding against oxidative damage
- Improve circulation, thus preventing conditions like chronic venous insufficiency and edema
- Boost brain function and protect against cognitive brain conditions like Alzheimer’s
- Prevent diabetes and blood sugar disorders by normalizing metabolic function
- Reduce the likelihood of hemorrhoids, varicose veins, and other conditions symptomatic of poor circulation
Some studies have also found that grape seed extract may help prevent the growth of various types of cancer cells, including those of the breast, stomach, prostate, lung, and colon, at least in vitro. The University of Maryland Medical Center, while offering the caveat that test tube studies aren’t necessarily indicative of efficacy in humans, admits that GSE could eventually prove to be a powerful anti-cancer medicine, and I’m of the persuasion that they’re right.
One study out of Austria that looked at the effect of OPC on prostate cancer cells found that these nutritive substances are both anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic, meaning they stop cancer cells from spreading and cause them to commit suicide. Another study out of South Korea found OPC exerts the same anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic effects against colorectal cancer cells.
Ingredients per capsule
Grape seed extract
(95% Proanthocyanindins) 100mg
Instructions for use
1 - 3 Capsules per day with meals