The Need for Magnesium Supplements
A magnesium deficiency can cause significant symptoms. Some of the most prominent include: (1)
- Hypertension and cardiovascular disease
- Kidney and liver damage
- Peroxynitrite damage that can lead to migraine headaches, multiple sclerosis, glaucoma or Alzheimer’s disease
- Nutrient deficiencies, including vitamin K, vitamin B1, calcium and potassium
- Restless leg syndrome
- Worsened PMS symptoms
- Behavioral disorders and mood swings
- Insomnia and trouble sleeping
- Recurrent bacterial or fungal infections due to low levels of nitric oxide or a depressed immune system
- Tooth cavities
- Muscle weakness and cramps
- Eclampsia and preeclampsia
Why is magnesium deficiency so common? A few factors are at play: soil depletion that lowers the amount of magnesium present in crops; digestive disorders that lead to malabsorption of magnesium and other minerals in the gut; high rates of prescription medication and antibiotic use that damages the digestive tract to the point that magnesium cannot be absorbed and properly utilized from foods.
The body loses stores of magnesium every day from normal functions, such as muscle movement, heartbeat and hormone production. Although we only need small amounts of magnesium relative to other nutrients, we must regularly replenish our stores either from foods or magnesium supplements in order to prevent deficiency symptoms.
The kidneys primarily control levels of magnesium within the body and excrete magnesium into the urine each day, which is one reason why urinary excretion is reduced when magnesium and other electrolyte statuses are low. Magnesium is actually the least abundant serum electrolyte in the body, but it’s still extremely important for your metabolism, enzyme function, energy production and for balancing nitric oxide in the body.
As per recommendation on the package teaspoon at night. Be sure to drink alot of water with this product during the day, at least 10 glasses
Do not use magnesium supplement if you have serious kidney ailments without consulting your physician. If you would like from specialist in Bio Chemistry contact us so we can refer you.
Ingredients per 5grams